Rental Assistance to Stay Housed707-253-6148 email@example.com 2521 Old Sonoma Road
Sometimes things just happen – a sudden illness, death in the family, job layoff or other things out of our normal control – and even the best tenant is unable to pay the monthly rent. Community Action’s Rental Assistance program may be able to help with a one-time monthly rent payment for delinquent rent. We may also help with a move-in deposit and/or first-months rent.
To apply for assistance –
- Call the rental assistance office at 707.253.6148
- During your phone interview the housing specialist will prescreen your household for basic eligibility. If she determines you meet the minimum eligibility requirements she will have you pick up an application and make an appointment to meet with you in our office.
- Examples of prescreening questions include –
- Who is in your household?
- Do you have a lease?
- What is your current household income?
- What happened to cause this situation?
- How will you pay the rent in the future months after you get assistance?
- When you come for your appointment bring the completed application you picked up earlier. You will also bring required documents to support your case including some from your landlord.
Rapid Rehousing to Get Housed
Community Action housing staff works with staff at our homeless shelters to move people from shelter into permanent housing. We do outreach to local landlords and provide on-going support to help the newly housed maintain their housing. Financial assistance may also be given if funds are available.